Having worked across many Entertainment industry areas, Adrian now focuses mostly on Film and Television as a director, in Drama, Documentary and Music Videos.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
• Australian Film Television and Radio School2001 Graduate Diploma (Directing)2002 Master (Directing Drama)
• UNSW BA Media and CommunicationsFirst Year - deferred
• Sydney Opera HouseArts Administration Traineeship1998 - 12 months
• Eora College Chippendale (TAFE)Theatre Arts & Video Production1997 - 12 months (Drama & Media Department)
• Make-Up Glamour, Bondi Junction Make-Up and Hair Stylist 6 months
• NAISDA Dance and Arts Industry Training
• Sydney Church of England Grammar School (SHORE) Higher School Certificate - 1993
CAREER HISTORY AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
ABC Television Message Stick 2005
Producer Once in a Lifetime
The Vic Simms Story EP 36 Series 7
The Last Post / Series 8
Lillian's Crombie - I Will Survive / Series 8
Glenn Skuthorpe - No Poet Lives by the
Rules (Music Profile)
Australian Film Commission 2005 / 2006
Writer / Director "When the Natives Get Restless"
Producer: Melissa Johnston
RB Films 2006
25 Minute Documentary
Writer / Director "Jackie Jackie"
Producer: Kath Shelper
5 min Drama
"Bita Black Business Series"
Writer / Director "BUSH WEDDING"
Pine Street Films 2005
52 Minute Documentary
2005 NIDF Documentary Series
ABC Television July 2003 - Oct 2003
Producer/Director MESSAGE STICK, 26min episodes, magazine style series
Bronwyn Bancroft Profile Story
Producing/Directing feature stories, 20min duration
SBS Television Nov 2002 - July 2003
Producer/Director LIVING BLACK, 10 x 26min episode series
3 x feature stories, 10 x segment stories
Australian Film Television & Radio School
Final Project A SIMPLE SONG
Drama/Musical (17 minutes / 35mm)
Directing Drama - Masters 2002
Short Dance Film (10 minute)
Directing - Graduate Diploma 2001 Drama
Short Doc WEEPING WILLOW
10 minute MINI DV
Festivals: Flickerfest 2002, St Kilda,
Messagestick - Sydney Opera House Film Festival
Short Film 2001 ARCADIA
7 minute 16mm
A fairytale genre film, about a young boy overcoming his fear of his father and the "hairyman".
ABC Television MESSAGE STICK - 2001 Summer
Other relevant achievements
Writer / Director /
Co-Producer "Dare to Dream"
Short Film (10 minute Digital)
Metro Screen Indigenous Mentorship Scheme 2000
Sponsored by Australian Film Commission
Writer / Director "Angel"
Short Film (5 minutes Digital)
Metro Screen Indigenous Mentorship Scheme 1999
Sponsored by SBS Television
Angel – Flickerfest 2000
A Simple Song
Our Bush Wedding
Melbourne International Film Festival 2005
When the Natives Get Restless
Melbourne International Film Festival 2007
Revelation Perth International Film Festival
• Best Original Concept in a Short Film
• Tudawali Film and Video Awards 2000
On the Gordon Estate in Dubbo, the entire community has been given an eviction notice. Within three years, all of their homes will be demolished...